|Silly football quotes.|
Here are a few quotes from the chapter 'A Strange Choice Of Words (Part 1)' which show that footballers and pundits apparently use a different dictionary from the rest of us...
1) “When David Beckham leaves the game, it will take a very special player to come in and carry the mantelpiece.”
2) “I was inbred into the game by my father.”
3) “That was never a penalty in a million planets.”
4) “Fulham are growing in confidence now and will believe that they can impregnate this Spurs defence.”
|A 'contagious' decision.|
6) “These two clubs had a monopoly of the domestic honours last season.”
7) “Welbeck, Rooney and Van Persie can be a phenomical strike force.”
8) “The gelling period has started to knit.”
9) “A highly contagious decision.”
10) “Neither side creating many chances. It’s like a war of nutrition in midfield.”
11) “The world is my lobster.”
|For the benefit of Peter Jones, this is what zebras actually look like.|
13) “They gave the Serbian FA a poultry fine.”
14) “Roberto Mancini’s got that Italian style, the old joie de vivre.”
15) “Sporting Lisbon in their green and white hoops, looking like a team of zebras.”
. . . . . . . .
You can find hundreds of silly football quotes, as well as a selection of light-hearted chapters on a variety of football themed subjects, in the book 'The Funny Side Of Football' available for kindle from Amazon.
Follow Football hashtags on twitter:
Credit: Virus and zebra photos provided by pixaday.com. Check them out for royalty free photos.